CONSTITUTION OF THE TAMIL NADU ILANGYAR KATCHI
ARTICLE I: NAME OF THE PARTY
The Name of the Party shall be “TAMIL NADU ILANGYAR KATCHI”
ARTICLE II: OBJECTIVES OF THE PARTY
Tamil Nadu Ilangyar Katchi and its every member shall strive to preserve & promote our Tamil Cultural Co-operation among our People within the frame work of the Sovereignty, Unity and Integrity of India within the ambit of the Constitution of India. Tamil Nadu Ilangyar Katchi shall bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India, as by law established and the principles of socialism, secularism and democracy & will uphold the Sovereignty, Unity and Integrity of India.
Tamil Nadu Ilangyar Katchi resolves to secure for all the citizens of this Great Nation:
Justice – Social Economic and Political – For Everyone
Liberty of Thought, Expression, Belief, Faith and Worship
Equality of Status and of Opportunity in all Spheres of Life, for Individuals and Communities
Fraternity assuring the dignity of the individual and the Unity and integrity of the Nation
Tamil Nadu Ilangyar Katchi & its members resolve that
- There shall be no exploitation in whatsoever manner
- There shall be decentralization of power truly in the hands of people through empowerment
- There shall be Honest, Transparent and Growth Oriented Approach in all the initiatives.
ARTICLE III: MEMBERSHIP OF THE PARTY
Any Citizen of India above the age of 18 years, who subscribes to the objectives of the Party shall be eligible to become a Member of the Party, provided that he or she:
- is not a member of any other Political Party registered with the Election Commission of India;
- is not a member of any organization whose views, policies or actions are in conflict with the Objectives of the Party; and / or
- has not been convicted of any offence involving moral turpitude.
A. Membership Process
A person shall become a Member of the Party on submitting the prescribed declaration and payment of the membership fee of Rs. 10/- (Rupees Ten Only) as prescribed from time to time.
Any person who is a member of any other Political Party shall not be eligible for Membership of the Party.
Persons who join the party after resigning from any other political party, during the period of enrolling of new or renewal of the existing members shall not be entitled to cast their vote in the elections to be held for the various branches of the party unless they are specifically exempted from such restriction by the party head-quarters.
Those who desire to join the party have to give their names and other particulars in the prescribed forms without any discrepancy in the entries and returned through the authorized office bearers with the amount of membership fees payable. They will be treated as members from the date on which they are registered by the head-quarters, after the verification of the details provided in the forms and they are eligible to vote in the intra-party elections of the respective unit from the date when the individual membership card is issued to them.
The following persons are authorized to recommend to the acceptance of the form by putting their signature, denoting their respective office in the Party.
The Office Bearers of the
(1) Concerned Ward;
(2) District Level Unit;
(3) State Level Unit;
(4) Elected Members of the Legislative Assembly and Parliament of the respective area;
If for any reason, it is found out that those who are admitted to be members of the party based on the recommendation made by one of the aforesaid persons are proved to be unqualified or bogus, suitable action will be taken against the person who made the recommendation.
Only those who cannot sign may affix their left hand thumb impression on the application form, along with the thumb impression, the person who proposed the membership should affix his / her signature next to the thumb impression of the introduced member. If any doubt arises regarding the thumb impression, it is the responsibility of the proposer to prove the genuineness of the same.
Any person desirous of joining as a member of a particular unit should be one who is ordinarily a resident of the area within the jurisdiction of that unit. Only when there is no unit in the said area, he / she may register as a member in a unit which is situated in an adjoining area.
Except in the case of newly formed units, the applications for registration as members in the already existing units shall be sent to the party head-quarters office within a period of one month from the date on which the member has been registered. This should not be delayed on the
ground that the minimum number of members enrolled has not reached the strength of twenty five (25) for that area.
The membership cards sent from the party headquarters office should be delivered to the members within a week by the concerned secretary, organizer or the person responsible for the same.
In joining as Members or in enrolling members, the procedure laid down by the headquarters office of the party from time to time shall be followed strictly.
A person can become a member only in one unit of the party. If any person had enrolled in more than one form or registered himself / herself as member in more than one unit and has exercised his / her vote in both units during organizational election, his / her vote will become invalid and further he / she would be immediately disqualified to vote or contest in the future elections for the units of the party at higher levels for a period of 2 years or more as decided by the Disciplinary Committee.
For valid reasons, a member registered in one unit can transfer his / her membership to another unit in which he / she desires to join after getting the consent of the Secretaries of the two units and by paying a transfer fee of Rs. 10/- to the party headquarters office for such transfer. If any of the secretaries refuses to give his / her consent without proper reasons, the member can appeal to the Secretary of the higher unit.
- A person seeking Membership of the Party shall apply online
- The said application will be considered by the Ward of the Concerned Primary Unit in its succeeding Meeting, whereupon it shall make its recommendation to the District Executive.
- The District Executive shall take the final decision on each application in its meeting held after the receipt of the application.
- The Party shall maintain a register of its members in the manner as may be prescribed in the Regulations.
- The List of Members shall be frozen one month before the call for applications of candidates for any Inter Party Election. Pending applications, if any, for Membership shall be decided before freezing the list.
- The National Executive, The State Executive and The District Executive shall have the power to directly admit new members or confer the status of a Member on any person. However such power shall only be exercised by the District Executive when no Primary Unit is in existence for a particular area.
- Any person, who has been co-opted to a District Executive or in any body at the State or National Level, shall be deemed to have become a Member of the Party on submission of application form along-with the requisite membership fee as prescribed from time to time.
- If a District Executive / State Executive decides to grant membership of the Party to a person who was a leader in another registered political party in the last ten years or is still a leader, such decision shall become operational only after written approval by the party headquarters. A leader here would mean either a State or National Level office bearer of another party or someone who has contested parliamentary or assembly or district Level elections on the symbol of any other party.
- Members shall pay membership fee and contribution as prescribed from time to time.
- A person can become a member of the Party either at his / her place of permanent residence or where he / she carries on his / her business but at one time he / she shall not be a member at more than one place.
- If any active member changes his place of residence, he / she should get his address changed by giving intimation in writing to the concerned units.
The term of membership shall be for a period of 3 years. A member shall have to get his membership renewed every 3 years. For the purpose of this clause a year shall be the period commencing from 01st April of a Calendar Year or the date of enrolment of a member up to 31st March of the succeeding year.
C. Cessation of Membership
A person shall cease to be a member of the Party in the event of:
- Expulsion / Removal; or
- Non – Renewal of Membership
- If he / she joins any other political party
- On being convicted by a court of law for a crime involving moral turpitude.
D. Suspension from Membership
The State Executive or the National Executive may suspend any Member from the membership of the party pending disciplinary proceedings.